4.22.2010

The Heart is Deceiptful

the heart is deceitful above all thing and beyond cure. who can understand it?

Ugh.... such a hard verse to read for me. My heart is deceitful? That's not cool. I can't trust my feelings? Nope. Not a lot of times anyway. The more I think about it though, the more I realize how true this really is. My heart feels so many different things through even just one day. I'm happy, then I'm discouraged, then I'm content, then I'm left in wanting, then I get stressed, then a song relaxes me.... my heart.... it's deceitful.. and untrustworthy.

wisdom.... wisdom can be trusted. wisdom should be desired. i'm actually rather encouraged to not depend on my feelings. you know a lot of days I don't FEEL like God is near; I don't FEEL like I'm drawing near to go. But I live by faith and not by feelings. Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

So today, even though I can't trust my heart, I can trust God.. and I can be encouraged to know wisdom over feelings. Truth over heart. It's a good day!

1 comment:

Mason said...

Reba McEntire and Vince Gill disagree with this post as noted by this song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL-hSSZn5Pc

Just Kidding, Great post...it's tough to realize sometimes but very true!