5.05.2009

Cindo De Mayo

I don't believe that I have seen so many cloudy days in a row. Unbelievable. Rain or shine, it has still been an amazing trip.

Today I get to celebrate one of my good friends, Whitney Plunk's, birthday! Happy birthday Whit! I get a haircut, which is really exciting; Sarah is taking off this afternoon; and we get to eat lots of good Mexican food! I'm hoping to end the night at Rumours with some good friends, but we will see.

There really is no other place like Nashville. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Dallas and my job and wouldn't change a thing about my life, but there is just a part of me that will always love Nashville and it will always feel like home. Maybe it's because I moved here first right out of college and went through a lot here.. maybe it's because I have such great friends here.. maybe it's because it's a comfortable place for me.. or maybe it is just that great! For whatever reason, I'm so glad I've had a chance to be here and visit and enjoy my time and not feel rushed. I'm thankful that I got to live here for a time.

I'm also very thankful that the Lord brought me to Dallas... to a new place of excitement, change, and growth. Visiting Nashville has confirmed in my heart that I am in the right place.. that God really is in control and I am not! That He knows what He is doing. That His ways are higher than my ways, and His thoughts are definitely NOT my thoughts. I'm encouraged to know that even though I may not feel like He is alive and well in me, I can know that He always is! My responsibility is to every day just say "yes" to Him. Even though I have no idea what's in store for each day, I just have to submit to Him.

I still have a lot of thoughts from being here and I'm trying to process them all, but be encouraged today that in the midst of your surroundings, He is God and He is in control. Submit your life to Him today!

No comments: