3.31.2009

Whirlwind

What happened this weekend at Redemption I really cannot explain to you. We were in Memphis, TN for a multi-cultural revival where thousands of women gathered from every culture, denomination, and age, to worship the Lord together. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen! Never before have I been in a room where there were just as many Caucasians as there were African Americans, holding hands, praying together, worshiping wholeheartedly together. IT WAS AWESOME. I do wish that you could have been there to experience it for yourself. I don't believe that anything close to that magnitude has happened in the city of Memphis, among many other places as well. Every woman left that place with a prayer partner of a different race and religion - revival is truely occuring in Memphis, TN. I believe that this is just the beginning of a huge movement of God. GET EXCITED!

Anthony Evans and his band led worship and it was just so good! The Lord really used Priscilla in a powerful way. I'm just so thankful that I was able to be such a small part of it all and was there to experience it. That city will forever be changed!

This weekend was such a whirlwind and wore me out, but it was all so worth it! It was so good to be in the Word this morning and read through Matthew 16. "What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?"

(Austin - so good to see you last night. SS - I miss you like crazy! So good to talk to you last night.)

1 comment:

Sarah Smith said...

Linnae, it was great talking to you too. I am sorry i've forced us to play a whack game of phone tag! i really hope i get to hang out with you before 2010. I forgot to ask, are you coming home for Easter?