8.19.2010

my book list

So at the beginning of the year I set a goal for myself. I told myself i would read 1 book every 2 months, to read a total of 6 books in a year. I know that doesn't sound like a lot to most people out there, but for me, this was a very practical goal to set for myself.

Well, so far so good. Here's what I've read: Forgotten God, So Long Insecurity, Secrets of the Secret Place, Chasing the Dragons, and The Shack. Recommend all of them to you. All fantastic books!

I've been trying to get into Captivating, Stasi Eldredge, but I just can't do it. For some reason I'm just not digging it. So I ordered myself two new books today: Come to Papa, by Gary Wiens and then Radical by David Platt. I cannot wait read these and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have any trouble getting into them.

I'm actually quite proud of myself of being ahead of my goal. I figured I'd give myself some space this year, and then next year I can try and read a book a month or every 1.5 months. We'll see. But for now, I've got two more books to read before December. I think I can make that happen.

What should I add to my reading list?!

No comments: