3.14.2010

Dave Ramsey


On Thursday I had the privilege of going to Dave Ramsey's one day EntreLeadership event here in Dallas with my brother. Not only that, yesterday I went to the Total Money Makeover Live! taping in Dallas. For two days I got flooded with leadership, money, and life lessons/practicals. I loved every minute of it.

Who doesn't like learning from some of the most successful people, anyway?

I'm still trying to process a lot of it in my mind, and the action steps I will actually implement into my life (there are several by the way; if you don't listen to Dave, you need to). But here are just a few

1. Actually use my budgeting system. Clever, huh? But seriously, Mvelopes.com. Check it out (Dave doesn't necessarily enforce this specific system, but it's great. Thanks Brino)

2. Read, read, read, read, read. The most successful and wealthy people read a book a month. You need to be reading a lot of non-fiction by the way. This is good news for me b/c it is rare that I pick up a fiction book and actually get through it.

3. Set goals! This one is really hard for me. I don't do it. I'm not a visionary.. at least not right now. Set goals financially, spiritually, socially, physically, for family... am I missing one?!

4. Go through the "Baby Steps". If you want to know more, just ask.

There are a lot of things I'm going to implement in my job as well. So basically, I'm so glad I spent two days in a room listening to Dave. Super pumped about how God will use it in my life. Download Dave's podcasts, or listen to him on the radio. Promise it will put you in a better position not only financially but spiritually as well.

No comments: