2.12.2010

Snow Day!


Yesterday Dallas got what might be the most snow it has ever seen. It started snowing around 2:00am Thursday morning and didn't stop until about 7:00pm. I had the second best run of my life yesterday, treading through about 6-8 inches of snow. The neighborhood has never looked so beautiful.

Do you know what one of my favorite things is about snow? When you are the first person to put a footprint on the sidewalk. Actually, there was so much snow yesterday that you couldn't tell where the sidewalk was as opposed to the grass, which made it even better. I probably ran through most peoples' yards rather than on the sidewalk. It was like I was 8 years old. I was grinning from ear to ear on my little three mile run. Let me just say, though, that it was a lot of work to run in. I had my soloman's on, which helped tremendously (p.s. i forget how incredible those shoes are for trail running). Put it's somewhat like running through the sand… you just have to work extra hard with each step.

Anyway, I had a blast playing in the snow by myself. I wish I would have had someone to enjoy it with, but alas, it was a relaxing night and I probably need some time alone anyway.

This morning, there are about 3 huge branches in the driveway, and in my neighbors driveway as well. I don't think I will be going anywhere today. The snow is packed in tight as everything froze over night. I guess I'll have to drink coffee and sit by the fireplace and work today. BUMMER! =)
(me taking a retarded picture of myself after my run)

No comments: