10.27.2009

something is terribly wrong



Today marks the 8th day that I have not brewed coffee in the morning. Did you hear that? It's been 8 days since I haven't made coffee in the morning. What happened? I have no idea really.

I was sick last week, and you know how when you are sick, the only thing you want is tea? So I just drank tea a lot last week to help my throat, and for some reason I just can't bring myself to drink coffee now. I feel as though I am cheating on my boyfriend. The one thing that made me so happy every morning, has been absent from my life for 8 days.

In order to redeem myself let me just say that I will never turn against coffee. Coffee quite possibly could be one of the best things of this world. Afterall, if I'm not working, and I'm not running, probably the next place you will find me is at a coffeeshop. But.. I don't know. I still feel like I have energy, my body feels a little more pure, and I haven't really missed it. So, I'm kind of out of sorts this morning.

Do you know what else is wrong with me? I haven't had chocolate in 8 days either. It's like it just keeps getting worse. The two things I love the most, chocolate and coffee (and frozen yogurt of course), have been absent from my life for over a week.

How long will this last? I have no idea. I might wake up tomorrow and have a breakdown and drink 5 cups of coffee and have cocoa pebbles or something. But if it does end, then I will be able to say for the first time in like 8 years that I went 8 days without chocolate and coffee. A pretty big accomplishment if I do say so myself.

What are two things you wouldn't want to go 8 days without?

2 comments:

Mollie said...

Linnae - Love this post. Coffee is what gets me going in the mornings also, but I am trying to limit the caffeine intake. Good Luck! I know that if I had a personal latte maker, I could have that everyday!

kylebuff said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.