7.27.2009

We Did It!

We did it. 19 miles. The longest distance I have ever run. Got up at 5:15 yesterday morning to prepare and eat some food in time to leave at 6:00. I cannot believe I have run that far. I never thought in a million years I would be training for a marathon.

At this point, it's like you just have to get out there and run - not thinking about what you are doing. Honestly, if I hadn't of run with my brother, I'm not sure that I would've done it. It takes a lot to get out and run that far, and thank goodness he was with me! Driving to Waco was so worth it!

It was definitely tough - wasn't easy at all. But, I think you just get to a certain point and then you feel like you are running forever, so you might as well just keep on going. I'm assuming that's what happens to people who only train up to 20 miles for the marathon.. what's 6 more miles, right?

We still have two more long runs - we are working up to 24 miles. Brian and I are already trying to figure out how we can run our next one together as well.

Surprisingly, I'm really not very sore today at all. When we got back from the run we both took an ice bath, which at the time is super painful and not fun, but totally worth it! I really believe that's why I'm not sore this morning.

Moral of the story: you can do anything you set your mind to, running partners are the best, training for a marathon is so fun, and ice baths are a must!

Next run: 22 miles!

No comments: