7.08.2009

Traveling Fool


I feel like I had a solid break from traveling for a while there. It was really nice to be home and enjoy living in this new city that I hadn't really been able to settle into yet. But ever since June 26th the traveling has kicked back into full gear for me. We had our Going Beyond event in Austin June 26-27, then I was at Lake Michigan July 1-5, and from here on out, I will be traveling every weekend until August 1. So I'm gone every single weekend in July. I am, however, super pumped about every single trip for the rest of this month!

Tomorrow I leave for Memphis to be a part of a long-time friend's wedding. Rachel and I became best friends right after I moved to Memphis from Chicago in 4th grade. By 5th grade, we were inseparable and did absolutely everything together. It's really amazing to think that we have been such good friends ever since way long ago. Rachel and I have been through a lot together. She was there for me when my dad passed away; we spent so many summers together in Destin; we've been to New York; we spent hours together when we were younger on AIM when that was the cool thing to do on Friday nights; we've been to Pickwick and JetSki'd I don't even know how many times; we've gone through hard break-ups; went to different SEC schools; did the sorority thing.. and somehow we always ended up getting together every single time we were home from school for summer or Christmas break. Her friendship really does mean so much to me. I'm excited to meet the man who has captured Rachel's heart. I'm so thankful to be able to stand up there with her at the church and watch yet another example of Christ's love for us as these two begins their lives together. It's going to be one heck of an amazing wedding!

I'm also excited because I get to do breakfast at one of my favorite places in Memphis with two of my other best friends from high school. Brother Junipers is calling my name! If you are EVER in Memphis and have the chance to eat breakfast, please do yourself a favor and go there. I promise you won't be disappointed. Rachael Ray even says so!

I'll be back when it's all said and done. Wish me luck and that I don't trip over my dress walking down the REALLY long isle!

P.S. This is my 9th wedding to be a bridesmaid. Crazy huh?

No comments: