5.21.2009

4 Years Wait!

I'm going to share something with you that I'm not the least bit ashamed of. So I went to Italy the summer after my Sophomore year in College with Campus Crusade and lived in Pisa. It, of course, was an amazing trip. But that's not what I want to tell you. What I want to tell you is that I have regretted ever since then that I did not get this one specific purse from Florence! I have been thinking about this purse for 4 years. I have been looking high and low for a purse like it. Every time I go to Marshalls I hope that they will miraculously have a purse that looks like the one at that specific kiosk stand in Florence. But no. I have found not one like it in America. Not in Chicago, not in Nashville, not in Dallas. Nowhere to be found.

So what do I do? I had a friend purchase me one who has been in Italy for the past several months and bring one home with her. I just couldn't stand it any longer. This poor girl, who is incredibly kind and thoughtful, went to the market and got the purse for me. Not only did she get the purse, but she bargained a great deal!!

Sometimes I just really love being a girl. And this is one of those moments!

The doorbell rang a few moments ago and I knew exactly what it was: MY PURSE. So ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the most amazing, beautiful purse you have ever seen in your life. And yes it does smell like new neather. AMAZING.

3 comments:

Wes Howard said...

I am really proud to be the first person to officially tell you that you are crazy. But, I wouldn't have it any other way. Nice purse I guess??

Linnae said...

Might I add that you can wear it as a backpack, over the shoulder, etc. It's universal!

Mary Margaret said...

I have the exact same regret about not purchasing that purse. I think about it weekly. Needless to say, my eyes were welling up with tears when I got to the part about your long sought after purse finally arriving. Enjoy that beautiful piece of leather and all the blood sweat and tears that went into getting it!