4.19.2009

The Weekend

This might have been one of the craziest travel weekends I have had thus far since I started my new job. All in all it could've been a lot worse.. it was just really inconvenient. Thankfully Priscilla and I were together and could keep each other entertained!

The event really turned out great. Carol Kent has a really neat story in her book "I Lay My Isaac Down". You should read it if you get a chance. Priscilla did a great job - it's amazing really how much their two stories went perfectly together and they totally didn't plan it. They both spoke about how to deal with life circumstances, and life in general, when it really doesn't turn out the way we plan. It's so encouraging to remember that we don't have it together and that we are just a mess, and that is where God comes in to pick up our mess and turn it into something beautiful!

We had lots of airport drama on Saturday as well, but we finally made it back to Dallas around 7:00 or so. I decided to drive to Waco to spend Sunday with my brother and sis and niece. I love coming here to hang out with them - we just relax and have so much fun together! I'm so grateful that they live so close! It's so good to get away and detox after our events on the weekends - and I couldn't think of a better place than here with them. I'm actually going to stay here in the morning and take my time getting to back to Dallas. Luci had to convince me it was ok to take some time off in the morning =) For those of you who know me well, it's really hard for me to take off time from work.

So anyway, hopefully when we are with Phil Waldrep and his team again in two weekends in Sevierville, it will go a little more smoothly next time!

No comments: