3.22.2009

The Weekend

Well, I am really bad about taking pictures at our events. I guess I'm just thinking about too many other things so I always forget to have my camera on me, and unfortunately I don't have a camera on my phone.. so it takes that much more effort to have a camera handy.

It went really well, though, at Prestonwood. There were about 900 women there, which is crazy! This was just a womens church retreat. Just goes to show how big the church is =) It's huge! From the feedback I got, I think everyone really enjoyed it and loved hearing Priscilla speak and learned a lot.

I still feel like I have a lot to learn with my part in the conferences, but they are definitely one of my favorite things about my job! I love traveling around and meeting all the different people and just connecting with these girls. They are all coming to these events expecting to hear from God, and so it's neat to hear how God uses Priscilla to speak to them. He really knows what He is doing! I'm just thankful to play such a small part in it all!

On a side note, a verse I have been reading over and over lately is John 5:44..
"How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain the praise that comes from the only God."
I have found myself worrying about friendships lately - and I'm getting caught up in finding my identity in my friends and looking for their acceptance and praise and approval - and I really hate that I am doing that. That is so not my desire to get caught up in missing my friends and letting it get me down - and so I just want to let God handle my fears and worries - and I want to focus on Him and the praise that He deserves - and I know that He is going to take care of all my needs - I'm really loving reading through John and Matthew! So interesting to read about Jesus' life here on earth and the words he spoke to His people.

No comments: