8.04.2011

Memphis


I arrived in Memphis last night with the Shirer clan. Jerry and I and the three boys got here around 5:00pm and Priscilla met us late last night because she was finishing up a project she had been working on for 3 days. We are going to be here all weekend with Life Church - I actually took the boys to a Mega Worship and Prayer event last night that they had at the church so they could play with all their friends, and I got to go to the service. It is always so good reconnecting with these people - they are our friends now. We come here at least 3 times a year, and I've so grown to love so many of them.

Today my day will be spent with the 3 little rascals - probably a lot of swimming and playing.

I was just thinking about all of the opportunities that are out there for us today. I'm in a place lately of desperately wanting God to move in every part of my life. I know that all it really takes is a mindset switch for me, and continual pursuit of God. I'm working on it, and believing for that in my life today.

Today I'm believing for: the chance to share the love of Jesus with someone who has never heard it, to bless and serve those I'm with today, and that I will know in my gut the love of God and operate out of that instead of my own thoughts and feelings.

Today, is a good day!

No comments: