7.17.2011

Helllooooo Colorado


Why is it that when we are removed from our normal environments, we can see things a lot clearer?

I got to Colorado Springs last night. I'm here hanging out with my sister and brother-in-law. She just had some surgery and I'm here to help where I can. (honestly, it's just a really great excuse to be with them and also get out of the Texas heat) And the mountains? Please! I could stare at them all day every day.

This morning I've been pondering a few things I'm praying about and believing for. And for some reason, I feel like I can see a lot more clearly on these things being away. I see change that needs to happen in my life, and I'm just not sure how to make it all happen. I know that when I return, it will be challenging. The tendency will be to NOT change and fall into my normal patterns.

But not this time. I will pray, think, pray some more, hold myself accountable to others and let the change take place.

Why is this? Why do we have to remove ourselves from environments to see things?

"Come away by yourselves to a secluded place and rest a while." Mark 6:31

Come away . . . . to see a new perspective, to get out of routine, and let God speak.

DO IT


No comments: