1.20.2010

Discipleship


God's really been doing a lot in my life this past year. I can't really explain it or put it to words, but I'm thankful for this process that He is taking me through. It's been very hard at times, but the things I'm learning I feel will only bring Him glory in my life and bring more freedom to me.

I'm part of a Life Group with our church that has been one of the most wonderful and favorites parts of my life here in Dallas. My church (really what God is doing in the church and the people) has been the most incredible part of my journey. It's real… these people really love Jesus, desire to live holy lives according to the Word, and love people. It's not a movement, it's not the cool thing to do, actually at times I think people have thought I'm weird, but I don't care. Because I encounter God! It's not a feel good, tell me what I want to hear place.. it's people living for Jesus.

Anyway, I could go on and on and on… but back to my Life Group =) This morning one of our leaders asked us to answer some questions, and they are still running through my head, and will be over this week. And I'm curious to know what your answers would be? The church wants us to be poured into, feel covered, initiated with, encouraged, challenged, rebuked, and loved well as a people, and go after everything God has for us. Part of that has to do with discipleship. So I'm wondering if you would answer these questions and be honest? It would be cool to hear what you have to say….

Are you being discipled right now?

If so, by who?
If not , would you like to be? Concerns, questions, thoughts regarding this?
Are you discipling anyone at the moment? If so, who?

What are your thoughts on a discipleship group?

Do you feel spiritually covered right now? If not, how could that improve?


Looking forward to hearing what you have to say!

No comments: