4.15.2009

Freedom and Confidence

I've really enjoyed reading through Ephesians these past few days. The words are so encouraging for those of us who believe. For me personally, I have felt lately as though there is some serious opposition going on in my life - this opposition where the enemy is trying to rob me of my confidence and relationship with the Lord - and it's really driving me nuts.

I've been reading and trying to cling to these verses in Ephesians. Today I read through Paul's words as if they were written for me:

In Him and through Him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.... I pray that you will be able to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge... that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God..

Today, we can approach God with freedom and confidence. Confidence of what? Confidence that no matter what we feel or think or say, Christ is seating at the right hand of God. We have just felt and heard that Christ conquered all of our doubts, fears, and sins on the cross. We are set free from this bondage. I am set free from my incapabilities to understand God's love for me. He gives me grace to know this love that surpasses knowledge.

God I so desperately need and want to be filled to the measure of all the fullness of You! Give me the grace to approach you with confidence. Would you let me know that it's not up to me.. that there's nothing that I can do to know You more... but it's about you enlightening the eyes of my heart.... I pray that my body will become Your dwelling place Lord. I surrender my mind, heart, soul, and body to you today.

To Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

No comments: