3.12.2009

So grateful

Today, all I want to say is that I am so incredibly thankful for where God has me right now. I have the best job in the entire world... and I would argue anyone for that =) I have absolutely no reason to brag for it either - because it is only by the grace of God that I have been given this opportunity. The people I work for are entirely too wonderful and amazing; I work in ministry and get to share the Lord with people all day; I get to use my gifts to help the ministry; and I work and live in the same place as I sit in front of the fireplace. It's just a dream come true.

But the thing about it is, is that it makes me crave the Lord so much more. It makes me depend on Him more and more each day. I am continuing through the book of John and this verse sums up my feelings perfectly for today:

He must become greater; I must become less. John 3:30

So simple. That is few words with a whole lot of meaning. More of Him, less of me.

Have a wonderful rainy/sleety/snowy day!

2 comments:

Sarah Smith said...

totally read that verse on my lunch break, then i read your blog post - how strange. i was just skimming through a louis giglio book - not even reading. i think God is purposely keeping us sync'd in some ways to prove we will always be friends! love you, see you tonight :)

Linnae said...

I think you are exactly right! we are so connected it's kinda scary!